In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Twenty Wishes

I just finished reading the book "Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber. It is part of her Blossom Street Series. The book was such an easy read and so hard to put down. She introduced new characters in this book which focuses on AnneMarie who owns a bookstore. She takes us through the lives of several women who are widows. At one of the women's frequent get togethers they discuss compiling a list of twenty wishes representing things they want to do or accomplish. The author does such a good job of taking the reader through the twists and turns in these women's lives. I felt like I knew each of the characters personally.

The list of twenty wishes is very intriguing to me and I think there is so much energy in actually putting these thoughts in writing and then working towards achieving them. Most of us daydream and think about things that we shoulda, coulda, or woulda done. Writing these things down and reviewing them on a regular basis brings focus to accomplishing them.

I have started my list and I am not yet quite at 20. Here is what I have so far:

1. Visit Italy, Greece and Paris with my husband and son
2. Get remarried to my handsome husband, Vito, on the beach
3. Retire at 55
4. Learn how to paint
5. Take my parents on an Alaskan Cruise
6. Make Weekend Sisters a successful business with my sisters
7. Take a pilates class
8. Take dancing lessons with my husband
9. Lose weight and get in shape
10. See my son graduate from cosmetology school and work in his profession
11. Live near the beach for part of the year
12. Take a cruise with my sisters
13. Start a non-profit organization
14. Go white water rafting
15. Visit Sante Fe

Well, that's as far as I got. I need to do some more soul searching and add to the list. I would be interested in knowing if you have put together your list of 20 wishes or if you have read the book by Debbie Macomber. Drop me an email. I would love to hear from you.

No comments: