In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hanging Out at Starbucks

My sisters and I live over 1,000 miles apart. However, when we get together one of our favorite things is going to Starbucks, getting our favorite beverage, and catching up with each other.






Every time I go to Starbucks, I think of my sisters. We will frequently call each other to let the other know that we are in Starbucks. I love the smell of coffee, even though my stomach doesn't. So I am one of those unusual people that go to Starbucks for a "venti umsweetened black iced tea", for the smell of coffee, and for the comfort I feel when I am there. I love to just hang out and read a book or the newspaper. My husband and I also frequent Starbucks on the weekend. It is not too noisy and we can carry on a conversation.






My sisters and I have traveled to New York, San Francisco, Florida, Pennsylvania, Vegas, and Texas and we always look for our favorite gathering spot. We have many good memories made at Starbucks. In New York City, it is a favorite breakfast spot for us as well as place to stop in and warm up on a winter day. It is also the only place I know that consistently may have the Sunday edition of the New York times.






I envy the people who work from Starbucks using their wireless PC's and cell phones. Someday, that will be me. I hope to be writing this blog from a Starbucks location in the near future.

No comments: