In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Destin - 2nd Day at the Beach

We awoke on Sunday morning and I quickly pulled back the curtains and headed out to the patio. It was overcast and cloudy with some rain in the forecast. However, I was not discouraged. It was another day in beach paradise!

My son and I headed over to Starbucks for breakfast and to buy the New York Times Sunday edition I love Starbucks even though I don't drink coffee. I mentioned this in a previous blog post. I love knowing that I will have a consistent experience at whichever Starbucks I go to. I ordered my favorite Venti unsweetened black iced tea with an energy shot. I also had a very delicious cranberry muffin. Some people go on vacation to eat gourmet meals and sample every local restaurant. As for me, I like good food but I am also satisfied by the simple things. A Starbucks iced tea, cranberry muffin and NY Times is perfect for my Sunday breakfast at the beach. Who could want more than this?

After breakfast, we headed back to the condo for a quick change into a swimsuit and I was off to the beach. I took my new beach chair to the edge of the water and plopped myself down. I had my book and the water was rolling in around my chair keeping me cool. This is living! It doesn’t get any better spending Sunday in my little beach chair at the water’s edge. I was in heaven!

My husband had some work to do so he did not come down to tbe beach until later. We then hung out together for awhile at the beach before heading over to the "Another Broken Egg Cafe" at the Baytowne Wharf. This awesome restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch and its menu has a long list of breakfast items, sandwiches and salads. It was very quaint and the staff was very cheery. I had the chicken quesadilla which was very good. My husband had the Greek Salad with the Greek dressing which was also very good. I highly recommend this restaurant.

During lunch, the dark clouds and thunder were moving in but I was not to be discouraged. I headed back to the beach which was not as full as it was earlier. I continued to read my book until I finished it at about 5PM. With some rain drizzle in the air, I headed back up to the condo.

This was the best getaway I have had in some time. The spontaneity of deciding at last minute to head to Destin made it more of an exciting adventure. My son actually enjoyed himself and only got in trouble once for skateboarding in the covered garage. Oh well, we can’t get through a weekend without something happening.

I am looking forward to another weekend getaway in the near future.

No comments: