In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 4th Weekend At Destin, Florida

The morning of July 4th, my husband, son and I decided to get away and head to Destin, Florida. This decision was made without any reservations for a holiday weekend. We packed within an hour and dropped our two dogs off at my mother in law' s house and we were off to the beach. This was the first time we have ever done something so spontaneous.

You have to know that both my husband and I are typical Type A personalities who like to plan before leaping. We are not impulsive in the least. However, a break at the beach was just what we all needed so off we went.


Packing for this beach trip was easy. We didn't need much more than shorts, tees and bathing suits. That was the easy part. The tough part was all the technical gadgets we took with us including laptops, sprint connect any where cards cell phone and blue tooth chargers, power cords, etc. I think the electronics took up more room than our clothes!

Now granted we didn’t leave until 1PM in the afternoon on Friday, I was looking forward to the 2 full days at the beach. About half way into Louisiana, I started to call resorts in Destin trying to find a place to stay. Good news was that I found a beach front condo at Sandestin for Saturday and Sunday nights but no availability for Friday night. No sweat. We ccould just stay at a less expensive hotel in Destin area since we will be getting in prettylate at night any way.

Back on the road after dinner, I started to call various hotel chains for a one night stay in the Destin Pensacola area. I guess I waited too long and all of the rooms closer in were already booked. We chose to stay at a fairly new Comfort Suites in Tillman’s Corner, Alabama. Nice room, free breakfast, and 2 hours from our destination. No sweat. We got a good night’s rest and headed out to Destin in the morning.

No comments: