In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Headed to Disneyworld for Family Trip This Week

My niece, Nicole, is a Flag Girl in the Bethlehem Catholic High School Band and they are appearing at Walt Disney World this week. This provided us with a great opportunity for an extended family trip to land of Mickey Mouse!

My youngest sister, Donna who is Nicole's mom, is traveling with the High School Band as a chaperone. I wish her luck having to account for all of those teenagers! Thank God they are flying to Florida and not going by bus.

My sister, Diane, my nephew James (Nicole's brother), our parents and I are meeting up in Florida on Tuesday. This is two days ahead of the band but we wanted to take advantage of lower air fares and have some time to hang by the pool before the high school kids arrive. We are staying the Disney All Sports Resort. It is one of the lower end resorts at Disney and I had stayed there on a previous visit. It just so happens that this is the same hotel that the band is staying at. Since we will be spending money on multi day tickets, we tried to save some money on the hotel since we wouln't be in the room that often.

I can't believe the price of admission tickets in to the Disney parks. They seem to go up every year despite there being economy issues. The more days you purchase tickets for the lower cost per day. However, a one day pass is roughly $75. Now I know why families save for years for a trip like this! I can remember when a one day pass cost $35. I guess I am showing my age.

My nephew James is 10 and has never been to Disney. He is really looking forward to this trip and also being away from school for a couple of days. My sister and I have to keep our energy up for him while also looking out for our parents. Multi-generation trips are fun but also present unique challenges in everyone staying together. This is another reason we are staying onsite so that my parents could head back to the hotel if they need a break. It may be me needing the break though!

I will providing updates on our trip during the week.

No comments: