In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips!

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.

Sunday, April 26, 2009

I bought my first Garmin GPS unit today!

I don't know about you but I hate getting lost. Mapquest is great in providing directions but you need to plan ahead to ensure you have all the directions you will need. However, I got hooked on the Garmin GPS system while traveling on business and renting cars along with a GPS unit.

The Garmin was so easy to use in providing directions in cities that I did not know very well. I consider it to also being a security blanket that will hopefully keep me out of "bad" areas. In addition, it is preloaded with hotels, restaurants, and entertainment spots so in many cases you don't even need to have the exact address in order to get directions. If you make a mistake and don't follow the directions, you will receive a "recalculating" message. This could be annoying but in the end the Garmin will get you headed back in the right direction.

Next week I am traveling to Orlando for a family trip and I had planned on renting a Garmin with my Avis rental car. The rental cost was $12 a day and would total around $70 for the time I needed it.

Rather than rent a unit every time I rent a car, I decided that the $179 sale at Best Buy today was a good one and one for which I would get return and safety many times in the future. I can also use it when I am home and trying to locate an address I am not familiar with.

My challenge now is to figure out how to change the female voice to a male voice on my Garmin!

No comments: